All about me…diocrity

Easygoing. Laidback. Carefree. Happy-go-lucky. All of these can be tagged on me. If given a chance, I would always choose things that are uncomplicated. When I am in a situation that demands a lot, sometimes I get challenged and I render the needed effort but there are times that I give in to the pressure and thereby lose the drive and determination.

After a period of much stress and tension, I make it a point to treat myself – just something to look forward to – may it be a movie or just a plain long night’s sleep. This is just my way of getting things done. But there are times that all I can think about is the reward I have ahead. And as a result I lose focus and then I cannot give the best I’ve got. Sometimes, I just perform a task just for the sake of complying and finishing it. Maybe those are the times that I’ve reached my maximum tolerance for fatigue.

With all of those circumstances, I know that I was never the best…though I try to be; still I end up being mediocre. I always give my all; or so I'd thought. There are times that I look back and thought that I could have given more.

But come to think of it, what comes before best is better and mediocre is far below them. I’ve strived to be the best but sometimes I fail to reach it and so maybe I can be considered as better. Mediocrity is definitely not synonymous with second-best.

Or maybe I only have very high standards for myself; maybe I compare myself too much. Perhaps I am not mediocre after all. Not even better. Compared to others, I may not be the greatest but for my standards, possibly that was the best that I can be. What’s important is that I’ve shown effort; may it be not enough to reach the top but still its called effort.

Even if you’re not the finest, that you are just good or even ordinary, there’s totally nothing wrong with that. There’s always room for improvement. What’s important is that you have tried and that you have shown interest and effort. Though you did not get what you want, still you got what we call experience and that is your ticket to greatness.

0 complaint/s: